Celebrity nutritionist Pooja Makhija has, to date, transformed the bodies – and lives – of thousands of people by teaching them to believe in the power of food.
In N for Nourish Your Body and Food, she teaches children about the wonder and magic of food, and she finds that giving them the right tools at the right time helps them reap lifelong benefits. And even though she’s strict about her kids eating right, she is—by her own account— a fun person to live with.
‘N for Nourish is more than just a book. It is a journey to living your best life.’ writes Pooja.
Here are 8 things about this dynamic author’s life that you may not have known!
- Pooja studied the relationship between body and food while doing her B.Sc in Dietetics. She holds a Master’s degree in the field of Food Science and Nutrition.
- Her bestselling book on nutrition and weight loss, Eat Delete, released in 2012, has already been translated into Hindi, Bengali, Gujarati and Marathi.
- Pooja followed up the astounding success of her authorial debut Eat Delete : The Anti- Quick Fix Approach with Eat Delete Junior : Child Nutrition for Zero to Fifteen Years and Before You Give Up On You
- Pooja gained recognition on TV as the star of The Pooja Makhija Show on the Food Food channel.
- Pooja has consistently campaigned for healthy eating through her regular columns in the Times of India and DNA among other publications.
- Her new weight loss and health portal, www.nourishgenie.com, delivers customized meal plans straight to the subscriber’s inbox and includes clients from all over the world.
- Fit and famous Bollywood actors Shahid Kapoor, Deepika Padukone and Ranbir Kapoor are some of her celebrated clients.
- Pooja has two daughters, Ahaana and Amaira. She lives and works in Mumbai where she promotes health and wellbeing through her clinic, aptly named, Nourish. She is also working on raising awareness on nutrition by doing workshops all over the country in schools.
In her latest book N for Nourish, Pooja Makhija offers her young readers tools to shape their future as fit and healthy achievers. Her keen observations on how children succumb to the lure of unhealthy foods and what measures can they take to fortify their health makes this a must read for both parents and children.
‘Welcome to N for Nourish. This book is not just the ABC of nutrition but is also packed with OMG facts about how food can change your life. And it can.’
N for Nourish is India’s first children’s self help book on nutrition and is perfect for children ages 10+