We know it’s tough times – and especially when you have active and excitable kids at home.
Anxieties are running high, and the young ones are no different. But we have for you a trick that has proven to work for years – yoga!
Say hello to Om, our favourite yoga dog, who knows how to mix up fun and yoga for your kids to relax and go to bed happy and content.
Here are 5 asanas recommended by Om for your kids to try while staying at home:
How many times have the kids been hit by hunger pangs? Food takes care of their tummies, sure, but make sure to balance out the tummy-care with this super fun asana!
- Sit up straight on the mat. Keep the legs together and stretch them out straight in front of you.
- Stretch your arms up over the head.
- Reach out to touch your toes, bending from the hip. Keep your back straight.
- Stay in this posture. Continue to inhale and exhale comfortably.
Who doesn’t like to dance? Amp up yoga for the kids with this asana!
- Stand up and bend the right leg at the knee. Grab your big toe and pull it towards the head.
- Stay in this position for a few seconds, fixing your gaze on a point in front of you to maintain balance. Focus on controlled breathing to steady the posture.
- Repeat on the other side.
This one is perfect for all the little warriors, fighters, boxers, and wrestlers in your house.
- Stand with your feet 3–4 feet apart. Raise your arms, keeping them perpendicular to the floor and parallel to each other.
- Bend your right knee, keeping it parallel to the ground. Keep your left leg straight.
- Reach your arms towards the sky. Arch your back.
- As you reach higher, try to bring your arms together.
Do your kids have a booming roar? For all the tigers and lions in the house – try this one out!
- Sit with your hips on the heels. Rest your palms on your knees, spreading your fingers like the claws of a lion.
- Raise the chin. Stretch your spine.
- Place your palms on the floor in front of the knees. Arch the spine and stickyou’re your tongue. Then ROAR like a lion!
- Come back to the starting position and repeat.
This one is the trickiest of the lot. Surprised? Well, we suggest being extra careful that they don’t fall asleep – perhaps make it a challenge?
- Lie down on the mat. Keep your hands and legs apart and your palms open. Relax.
- Close your eyes and breathe gently and slowly. Be absolutely still. Imagine that your breath is flowing through your body like a stream.
- Lie down in this position for a few minutes. Relax each and every part off your body.
Here’s to some fun and relaxing times with your kids and your family during quarantine. Om the Yoga Dog wishes you safety and wellbeing!